Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Abrahamic Creed

“I believe in one God our Creator and the creator of this universe, a loving, compassionate and personal God Who created us with the ability to know and to choose. Hence, I choose to worship Him and to honor Him because He deserves to be worshiped and honored. Out of love to us He revealed a message of guidance about Himself, the reason we were created and how we should best honor Him and honor each other. Out of love for Him I choose to love all human beings and allow each to worship Him according to one's own traditions. I pledge not to abuse or oppress others and to promote peace, prosperity and freedom through companionate justice for all.

Out of gratitude to my Creator, I pledge to respect the planet He allowed us to inhabit and the universe at large. I pledge not to abuse our planet's resources nor to try to control the natural laws our Creator has put in place.

I pledge this out of deep gratitude to Him for the countless blessings He bestowed upon me and I look forward to the day I return to Him to account for what I have pledged”.

No comments:

Post a Comment